Frequently Asked Questions
Terms & Conditions:
Do you do you Lay-bys ?
Yes, we do. 20% deposit with fortnightly payment for 6 weeks only. Any lay-by cancellations, 20% deposit is non-refundable due to loss of floor stock.
How long does it take to order my size/style ?
50% deposit is required to order, final payment upon arrival. 4-6 weeks production, including delivery time.
How long does it take for Bridesmaids orders ?
Give yourself 3-4 months in advance depending how many bridesmaid there are, with this comes size fitting, and scheduling of your bridesmaids. 6-8 weeks is the usual amount of time needed to order. However, we want to ensure enough time, take into account any adjustment needed such as length of the dresses.
Sale and discounted items in-store and on-line ?
All discounted and sale items are final at point of sale, with this comes no exchange or refund.
On-Line and over the phone purchases:
Australian Delivery Times & Cost The delivery times for the various states are listed below.
Please be advised that the shipping times quoted below are for items which are in stock in our warehouse. Some of our range is shipped directly from the USA, in which case you must add approximately 7 to 14 working days to the delivery time. This mainly applies to Scala USA & Alyce Designs. If the shipping time is longer, you will receive a message on the product page when selecting you size that will advise the expected dispatch date.
Once your order is despatched we will email you a separate tracking link and you will be able to track the progress of your parcel. Please allow some time for the tracking status to come up.
If you are not around to take delivery of your parcel, you will be left a calling card so you may organise a redelivery. To avoid any delay in receiving your parcel, we recommend you nominate your daytime address. e.g. your place of employment.
Unfortunately, we cannot deliver on a public holiday or weekends. However, your parcel will be delivered the nearest business day.
Please note the estimated delivery times quoted are subject to orders being received before 3pm Monday to Friday.
The delivery times quoted are for Australian capital, metropolitan & major regional areas. Please allow more time for remote & rural districts. At peak times there can be delivery delays and you will be kept up to date by our Customer Care.
Area Delivery Time Cost $
Victoria Next day FREE
ACT Next day FREE
NSW Next Day FREE
South Australia Next Day FREE
Queensland 2 Days FREE
Western Australia 2-5 Days FREE
Tasmania 2 Days FREE
Northern Territory 2-5 Days FREE
International Delivery Information International delivery is charged on a flat rate, regardless of quantity.
All international order are sent Express delivery where possible. International orders are shipped via Australia Post. The summary of delivery times and cost are as follows:
Area Standard Delivery Times in Working Days
(Monday – Friday) Standard Costs
USA From 7 Days $35.00
Europe From 5 to 7 Days $35.00
Rest of the World From 7 to 10 Days $45.00
Singapore From 3 to 5 Days $35.00
UK From 5 to 7 Days $35.00
Canada From 3 to 7 Days $35.00
Malaysia From 3 to 7 Days $35.00
New Zealand From 3 to 7 days $35.00
Once your order is despatched we will email you a separate tracking link and you will be able to track the progress of your parcel. Please allow some time for the tracking status to update. Any customs or import duties are charged once the parcel reaches its destination country, and as such remain the responsibility of the recipient. Please check with your local Customs office for the likely duties and taxes applicable to your order.
Please ensure you read the garments instructions inside the dress before attempting any kind of dry cleaning or dealing with the garment. There are specific instructions suggested directly from the manufacturer. It is the purchaser's responsibility if any damage occurred during and after wearing the dress, and any kind of care handling. Please be aware if you attempt to dry clean it without knowing the care instructions, you are liable for a damage dress, such as discolorations, melted sequins, etc. It is not our responsibility if at any point after the purchaser has dealt with it appropriately causing damage to the garment.
When purchasing beaded, sequined or embellished dress.
Customers should be aware that when purchasing garments with beading, sequins, or embellishments, could from time to time fall off. However, this does not mean that you item is faulty. Hand sewn beads do and will come off on the most expensive dresses. Most customers purchasing heavily beaded dresses are aware of this before making such purchases. If you are not comfortable with beads falling off your dress from time to time, we suggest that you purchase one of our many other styles of dresses that do not have any beading or embellishments.
When purchasing one of our heavily beaded dresses, you must strictly follow the following guidelines.
1. The fabrics used in these dresses are made from a variety of sources. Satins and lining fabrics are polyester. The chiffons and georgette fabrics are either polyester or silk. All of these fabrics are of high quality and are very delicate.
2. With proper care this dress will ensure that you look elegant for a number of special occasions, but if you treat it like a pair of old jeans it will not last very long at all.
3. Beaded dresses are always very delicate and you must take time and care when putting on and taking off the garment. Most dresses have ‘lace-up’ backs, some have a short zip and one or two of our dresses have long zips. The zips are sewn ‘close in’ to give a smooth and seamless appearance and it is important that the wearer takes care when using the zip to make sure that the fabric or beads are not caught and damaged.
4. As many as two hundred beads and sequins may be stitched on any one garment. Therefore it is vital that if a thread does break, the ends must be knotted to prevent too many beads and sequins from being lost. A small packet of matching beads are generally supplied with each dress, any damage to the beading must be repaired as soon as possible. It’s also a good idea to always take a few safety pins with you just in case!
5. Be aware that some jewellery such as necklaces, bracelets, watches and rings can all catch the beadwork, and could break the stitching and damage the fabric.
6. These garment should NEVER be machine washed or tumble dried.
7. When storing the dress it is very important that the weight of the dress is supported by the hanger loops sewn into the inner seams, if you have space then store the dress flat.
8. Beaded dresses should always be covered when being stored.